HearBuilder Online Foundational Literacy Program
With HearBuilder, you can
* Provide individualized practice building skills in following directions, phonological awareness, sequencing, and auditory memory.
* Strengthen literacy ability in listening, memory, and comprehension.
* Offer multi-level activities with specific objectives that support State and Common Core Standards
* Access comprehensive student progress monitoring reports across schools, grades, groups, and demographics.
* Use at school and home on any internet-connected computer, tablet, or interactive whiteboard.
The HearBuilder Collection consists of four award-winning software titles: Following Directions, Phonological Awareness, Auditory Memory, and Sequencing.
HearBuilder Following Directions helps students improve auditory attention, memory, and the processing of verbal directions. This program targets 40 basic concepts requiring students to actively engage their brains when listening to and following basic, sequential, quantitative, spatial, temporal, and conditional directions.
HearBuilder Phonological Awareness includes nine activities to help students progressively improve phonological awareness and auditory processing skills. Phonological Awareness targets • Sentence Segmentation • Syllable Blending and Segmentation • Rhyming • Phoneme Blending, Deletion, Addition, Manipulation, Segmentation and Identification.
HearBuilder Auditory Memory helps build important auditory memory, closure, and comprehension skills by completing five “missions”: Memory for Numbers (3-7 digits) Memory for Words (3-5 words) Memory for Details (1-4 details) Auditory Closure (sentence completion) Memory for Wh- Information (2-3 sentences/2-4 questions).
HearBuilder Sequencing provides a systematic way for students to build important literacy skills such as reading left to right, comprehending important details, predicting, and using temporal and transition words to sequence the order (beginning, middle, and end) of a story.
HearBuilder can easily adapt from the general classroom to special education, Response to Intervention (RTI), Title I, English Language Learners, and Homeschool environments.
* Benefits exceptional students diagnosed with Speech and Language Disorders, Central Auditory Processing Disorder (CAPD), Dyslexia and reading enrichment
* Provides students in need of tier 2 or tier 3 RTI with intensive, customized practice to improve the foundational language arts skills with which they are struggling
* Provides Title I students with additional intensive instruction to supplement gaps in their language skills
* Includes individualized practice for ELL students with perception of English phonemes as well as training with listening in English
* Generates reports for administrators and educators to document and monitor progress including providing data for IEP Reports and 504 Meetings